Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Room 14, Term 2 Day 2

It looks like Rory had a ball playing "How Close to 100" and doing the dishes! Ka pai, Rory, I need to summon that kind of enthusiasm and joy about dishes! It's an important skill. 



Olivia is also playing "Close to 100" and doing the dishes! Amazing! I love seeing so much symmetry art. Olivia, you drew really carefully and made a bright drawing, matching up the shapes and the colours too! If the weather gets drier, a walk with her dog is next. I sure do hope the rain lets up so I can go out for some exercise too, although I bet the plants are doing better now. Auckland really needs this rain to get out of the drought. Perhaps I will write a little rain poem about it! 








 Sophie made a symmetry art piece with leaves, flower petals, and seeds. She also found a recipe for triple chocolate brownies and gave her mum a shopping list! I like your thinking, Sophie - why ever choose regular chocolate if triple chocolate is an option?! I look forward to seeing those brownies soon. I notice that you specify good quality white and dark chocolate, so I bet those brownies are going to be scrumptious. 



Sophie played "How Close to 100" too! Wow, 84. I wonder if you can get even closer tomorrow, Sophie!


Abbey got stuck in with some rock inquiry today! I’m loving this inquiry, Abbey! You did so much close looking and clearly worked hard editing your writing for detail and spelling. Tino pai! 




Abbey also wrote a book review! I love the ending, that the author could work on adding more pages. That's the sign of a good book, if the only critique is that it should be longer! :) Thanks for sharing. 


Finally, she also wrote instructions for her own game! You sure have been busy, Abbey! 

Super hero Game
1. Items required:
2 x dice
2 x jackets
2 x players 
2. Instructions
Tie jacket around (use as a cape)
3. First round roll a 1, second round roll 2, until sixth round roll 6. You can’t move to the next round until to roll the correct number
4. Once you roll 6 you run around the house before the other person 



1 comment:

  1. Wow Rory you look like you're having great fun in both pictures. I didn't know doing math and dishes was so enjoyable. Feels like I'm missing out now.

    Sophie and Olivia I like the symmetry of your work! Sophie's one makes me think of the food at really posh restaurants and I love how Olivia got creative and used hearts to create symmetrical art!

    ReplyDelete